....slowly, but surely.....

Saturday, March 08, 2008

A kind of Stardom

Yesterday I went to a karaoke bar with a group of people from work. My initial thoughts were that this would be a good way to meet some of the people that work in my office, network, forge some new professional relationships and such, but that was before the sake arrived. We had a total blast. All self consciousness and discomfort went out the door after the first few songs. I actually enjoyed acting like a complete idiot in front of my peers.

There must be something about music that just puts people at ease. It helps them to let there guard down and see things differently. Even when there was a genre of music or artist playing that I wasn't particularly fond of, watching others get excited and put their all into the feeling of the song was very entertaining and educational. How can you not learn something about someone by the way they scream and gyrate to a set of lyrics and melody that you've never even heard before. At the end of the night, we all made sure to make an appointment to do it all over again at the end of the month, without any hesitation.

No comments: