....slowly, but surely.....

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Ocular Oppulence

New glasses! I'm very fortunate to have purchase new glasses recently. I really needed them. Even though I've known that I could drastically improve my sight with corrective lenses for the past 15 or so years, I've only now really felt brave enough to stop making excuses and make glasses a part of my life.

I've certainly had them before, but it almost always ended in failure before. Broken, lost, forgotten. Again and again. I think I had some sort of phobia against them and what they did to my "image". In the first few days of having the two pairs of glasses I own now, I've already left one pair at a friends job, safely on his desk and not on my face. I say to myself, I'm just going to take them off for a little while so they won't get broken, or so my eyes can rest, but I always misplace them. It will take some time for me to get used to wearing them, but I'm confident that after a while it will be just another part of my daily routine.

No comments: