....slowly, but surely.....

Saturday, August 09, 2008

Fighting in the Dark

Ok,

Since some people finally commented on my social commentary, then I guess I should take the content of this blog in that direction. (** one salty tear at the realization that no one's interested in stories about me and my shenanigans, regardless of the level of hilarity **)

So, recently I worked on a radio program encouraging African-Americans to take advantages of the strides we've made in HIV treatment. It's currently still in testing and I haven't heard any official word as to it's effectiveness. But, for the sake of my community and it's health, I hope that the message reaches as many ears and minds as it can. How can I do all I can to make this come to fruition? I'll post it here on my blog and see what happens.

Fact.

Nearly 50% of new HIV patients are African-American.

Fiction.

There is nothing we can do about it.




BMAT8026 - Euro

No comments: