....slowly, but surely.....

Monday, February 09, 2009

Feeling the Squeeeeze!!

I can't believe how much this recession is effecting me. Now, it may just be that I've somehow greatly overestimated my own earnings, but even so, the impact on my career alone has been jarring to say the least.  I've been transferred from a consumer pharma agency to a professional one. Although I certainly enjoy the challenge and have benefitted from learning new skills and the biology surrounding a whole new therapeutic category, I can't help but feel like a fish out of water at times. How can I make my mark and build on my past successes if I'm constantly moving from one venue to another, from one profession to another? It's all quite frustrating really.

Money has never been my forte. I've always believed that if you work hard and honestly, you should be able to make ends meet. Now, I'm looking for a second job. I don't know how to explain it.

No comments: