....slowly, but surely.....

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Little town, little quiet village, every day like the one before.....

Well,

Here is where I am today. The news is, last Thursday, my coat was stolen at an unmentionable locale in the big Apple (where I live) and with it my apt. keys, one of my friend's apt. keys, and an IPod Mini. Green. I'm coping fairly well, i've replaced everything but the IPod and I don't know when I'll be able to do that since I'm not working right now.

So. Today I go out in my fantabulous new coat for a preliminary interview in Manhattan and of course its raining, so i feel a little miserable and aggravated. So what do I decide to go and do to cheer myself up?... What else... a trip to the DMV.

Suffice it to say, I'm not on cloud nine right now, but something about today's bleakness and the bleakness of previous days tells me that it can't get too much worse for me. There is some comfort in doom. Who knows, things are bound to turn around. I've never been one to let a meager reality or a disappointing fact stop me.

I bought a lotto ticket for one dollar the other day. Its for the megamillions drawing tonight at 11 p.m. Its a small comfort, playing a silly game like the lotto, but it's a much appreciated one.

No comments: