....slowly, but surely.....

Monday, September 22, 2008

Culture Clash (and then Bash!)

This video put together by the multimedia entertainment team of Ben & Ryan is just simply a joy to watch. It's ingenious. I've watched the original video from the SMACK DVD with the original volume, and although very lyrically impressive, it's not nearly as funny and culturally relevant. Why, you ask? I actually don't know. I'm sure if I really sat down in a corner and mulled it over for a bit, I could come up with something, but as of yet, no real explanation for its communicative power is readily available to me. I like high english, and I like a good verbal assault disguised as a logical argument I guess. It's kind of how my friends and I talk to each other really. I'll just say for now that the plausibility of it all is what makes it so humorous. The way that Ben & Ryan berate each other is completely in line with the "standard" formula for an inner city hip-hop rivalry, it just uses standard English instead of slang and rhyme. Kudos to the creators.

No comments: